tirsdag 6. november 2012

2nd Company Techmarine and Command Squad

Continuing with the 2nd company HQ we have Techmarine Brother Gregor Actaeon. He is the one that fixes all the heavy equipment and support/transport of the 2nd. I would like him to go around with some servitors, but that honor is going to the Master of the Forge. Like I showed you a couple of posts back, he is going to ride his Mechanicum Razorback with a couple of servitors at his disposal, sweet...
Ahem... Im kinda dreaming myself away now. Anyway, here are the pictures :)










The Techmarine's colour scheme is the one that the Codex and the Insignium Astartes shows as an example. They have red armour and the colour of the Chapter with the Chapter marking on the right pauldron. As with the Chaplain from the last post, this is my very first Techmarine to paint. I kinda liked the the result of it. The only thing that bothered me a little was that the purple of the Hawk Lords does not look all to different from the red of the Techmarine (or should I say the red of the Mechanicum?) If it was a Salamander or a Ultramarine the pauldron would "pop ut" more, if you know what I mean :) As a symbol for the shoulder I use Forge Worlds etched brass. Used the Raven Guard Symbol since it is practically the same symbol. The difference is that mine's gotta be golden.
Here is a link to Forge world: Raven Guard Etched Brass
Some of you guys with a sharp eye have allready noticed that this Techmarine is the one that comes with the Thunderfire Cannon. I liked the figure from the start and thus I bought it. The figure and the cannon that I have are made of metal, but GW has recently remade them in finecast. Bye, bye metal.


The next guys you are going to se is the Command Squad of the 2nd. These guys are the veterans of the 2nd and follow Captain Septimus around. We have here Veteran Brother Rayonor, Vet. Brother Xavy Leandro, Vet. Brother Issac Jonesy, Company Champion Cortez and Apothecary Mathias Boone.



Brother Xavy is the Standard bearer and Brother Issac is the one with the Plasma gun.



Company Champion Cortez is holding his sword high!



Brother Xavy




Brother Xavy's standard took me a while to finish (Well, I think it's a pain to get started on a banner) I had to find a motif for the 2nd. What kind of a company would it be? There is no fluff on them. And the only thing I found on the Hawk Lords was the heroically death of Captain Augustus Hubertus of the 5th company.
Well after much thinking I thought that the 2nd could have their homeworld of Preyspire on the banner. It could be that they are the protectors of the planet. Maybe they averted an impending doom and had to sacrifice much to save their homeworld. Sommething heroic that the 2nd did for Preyspire.
You guys get the idea.
The rest of the squad are not so different from the regular Hawk Lord. The thing that is different is that I tried to make them look more ornate. With golden highlights on the helm and such.
Silly of me not having taken more individual pictures of them.
There is one thing that I totally screwed up on the squad. And that is the friggin' Apothecary. Man! I really had a hard time painting the white on that mofo. The good thing is that I learned a lot from painting white armour. I have to say that anyone that has a White Scar army has my total respect :D



As you guys have certainly seen on this blog is that almost all the models that I've shown you are a "first time" for me. Well, it is so. The Second Company was kinda of an experiment for me. There is much I would have done different on the HQ of the 2nd. One thing is the use of magnets, the other is the painting. But as I have mentioned earlier, Our practice evolves our skills in this hobby.






Next up....
2nd company's 1st and 2nd Tactical Squad






Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar